Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Dancing for the Gold


I first started competing when I was about seven years old. I was only in four dance numbers, but at the time I didn't care I was just happy that I was finallky in the company class and I got to go away with all of my friends. Well it was an experience. There was definitely more pressure than the recital because everyone wants to be the best and everyone wanted the gold ribbon, that was the highest ribbon at this particular competition. So when it my my turn to dance I stage I had major butterflies in my stomach. I felt like I was going to get so nervous and just blank out and forget the dance, but then my teacher came up to me and said, "Dance like your having fun and like your're at the recital don't worry about what other people tell you just do your best." So I did what she said, I did my best and by the time it was ready to do my other dances I wasn't nervous at all. Well I guess the dances were performed well because in the end we did recieve gold ribbons for all of our dances. I will never forget it. I was so excited that my class did so well in our first dance competition. Everyone was so proud of us because at that time we were considered to be "the babies" and that just made the gold ribbon mean so much more to me and everyone else in the dance class.

No comments: